- Payment of the entry fee constitutes a representation by each individual that the individual has read and understands the following tournament rules. The entrant agrees to abide by these rules and the decisions of the Tournament Committee
- No refunds for entry fee
- The Tournament Committee reserves the right to deny participation to any individual
- Any entrant registering for the tournament after the registration deadline date will be disqualified and forfeit their entry fee
- Each individual entrant must possess a valid FL fishing license with the exception of those seniors and disabled veterans who are exempt as per FWC regulations.
- Individuals not on the tournament official registration list will need to provide a receipt of payment. If unable to provide proof, entrant will be disqualified
- PARTICIPANTS enter the tournament at their own risk. Florida Surfcasters, Inc., its officials or members shall not be liable for and hereby disclaim any liability for any and all losses, damages or injuries of any kind suffered by any participants, entrants, anglers, their guests and companions, and/or equipment which may occur during the tournament, including the physical weigh-in location
- All advertised cash prizes are based upon a minium of 100 paid entries to the adult tournament and the tournament committee reserves the right to adjust the prize structure if there are less or more than 100 paid entries.
- Prizes are awarded solely on the basis of fish weight. In the event of identical weights, the first fish weighed shall be declared the winner.
- Each individual entrant may win only one prize.
- Fishing time will begin at 6:30 AM
- All fishing will be done standing on the beach only, not from inlets, piers, bridges, dams, boats, etc
- All fish must be caught on hook and line with rod & reel
- All fish must meet state and federal regulations concerning size and tournament rules to qualify for winnings in this Tournament
- Individual must have caught the fish during tournament hours and day.
- Entrants may not fish in association with non-entrants on day of tournament
- Weigh-in opens at 1:00 p.m., and closes at 3:30 p.m. You must be STANDING IN LINE by 3:30 p.m. to qualify for weigh-in.
- The entrant must present the fish he/she deems largest to the weigh-master.
- Entrant decides which fish is the largest. Weigh master will not determine the entrant’s largest fish.
- Each entrant will be allowed to weigh-in only 2 fish: largest Pompano and largest Whiting
- All fish will be received and inspected at the direction of the Weigh Master.
- Fish will not be re-weighed per entrants request. Weigh Master’s decision on the fish’s weight is final.
- No fish sharing
- No cut or mutilated fish will be accepted. This includes any suspicious markings. The Tournament Committee will have final say on the acceptance of any and all fish. This includes naturally occurring injury/markings on fish.
- All fish eligible for a prize becomes property of the Tournament Committee
- Jr. Angler is defined as age 16 and under
- Jr. Angler may weigh in only 1 fish; either whiting or pompano.
- Jr. Angler must not have assistance when reeling in any fish
- Any protest must be submitted to the Tournament Committee in writing before the end of weigh in. Only a registered entrant in the Tournament may file a protest. A three hundred dollar ($300.00) deposit must accompany each protest. In the event the protest is upheld, the deposit will be refunded. If the protest is not upheld, the deposit will be forfeited. The decisions of the Tournament Committee are binding regarding any protest.
- Entrants consent that Florida Surfcasters, Inc. may use, without payment or restrictions, any photographs in which he or she appears for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to resale, advertising, commercial, or promotional material.
- Violation of any state and federal regulations or tournament rule may be grounds for disqualification at the sole discretion of the Tournament Committee.